Move Better - Feel Better - Perform Better
Advanced Physio CPD Courses
Our next CPD course is:
Shoulder and Neck Pain
From rehabilitation for chronic pain to performance programs for athletes
Neck and shoulder pain can be complex in nature and the development of chronic pain can present a difficult challenge for therapists. The scientific understanding of both neck and shoulder pain has advanced rapidly in recent years but it can be difficult to keep up with advances in management strategies.
This course is designed to provide you with the clinical skills and scientific knowledge to manage a range of presentations. You’ll develop your skill in designing bespoke, effective treatment plans that will help your patients to move better feel better and perform better.
What you will Learn:
- How to manage challenging shoulder and neck cases;
- New, more effective strategies to assess them and
- New strategies to help your clients recover.
- Strength & conditioning/exercise medicine progressions for a wide range of neck pain presentations from:
- Whiplash associated disorder to
- Neck strength programs for rugby, GAA, and combat sport athletes.
- Shoulder rehabilitation progressions to enhance your patient’s confidence and shoulder function, using a range of strength equipment including:
- Suspension trainers
- Free weights and kettle bells
- The importance of the patient's mindset and narrative and how you can help them to develop and maintain their own personal recovery strategy.
The progressions will help you provide tailored plans for patients with a range of conditions, from active and athletic patients to clients returning from significant rotator cuff failures.
The course will place a strong emphasis on developing skill in applying these new strategies and solving common clinical problems.
Venue: Priory Clinic, Priory Hall, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin. The course will be held in new, open plan teaching lab in the Priory.
Date: Sunday 25th June 2017 (9AM-6PM)
Cost: Early bird € 115 – Standard fee € 135 (for €60 deposits, received before/on Mon 19th June 2017).
Course facilitator: Terry Christie IAPT Registered Physical Therapist MMedSci (Sports Med) BAppSc. Dip (PT) MIAPT
Who's the course for? This course is open to all health professionals, including Physical Therapists, Physiotherapists, Physicians, Athletic Therapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Coaches and all clinicians working in sports & exercise medicine or with clients in chronic pain. We aim to create an friendly and supportive environment, to help all health professionals in reaching their full potential.
How to Book
Fill out the enquiry form below and you will be sent a booking details on how to reserve your place with a €60.00 deposit, made by bank transfer or cheque, with the balance payable on the morning of the course.
Places are limited so early booking is recommended.
Terms and conditions apply